Saturday 3rd June | 12:30pm to 4:00pm
A fun family day out including live entertainment, children’s games, dog show, vintage cars, BBQ, tearoom and stalls..
After a 3-year break, Sydenham village in South Oxfordshire will once again be welcoming visitors to its much-anticipated Sydenham Fayre. The Fayre will take place on Saturday 3rd June between 12.30 and 4pm.
The long-established event, co-ordinated and run entirely by villagers, raises funds for local groups and causes, supporting schools, community organisations and facilities in the surrounding area. In 2019, it raised over £5,500 for local causes. Visitors are kindly asked to note that this year’s event will be cash only.
The Fayre centres around the picturesque village green and this year’s programme is packed with exciting shows and activities:
- Live entertainment will be taking place all day, including performances from popular local band – ‘Syd’ -, the ‘New Moon’ Morris Team, a circus entertainer and a local dance group.
- Kids activities, including the Fayre’s own ‘Kids’ Corner’ featuring hourly shows from the magical Mr Marvel and a variety of games for all ages. There will be face painting and kids will also be able to enjoy the inflatable assault course.
- Food and drink galore, including the delicious BBQ hosted by Sydenham’s cricket team, ice cream and popcorn, as well as the ‘Gin and Pimm’s Palace’. The much-loved Tea Room, next to the church, will be serving sumptuous cakes and pastries, along with a selection of hot drinks throughout the day.
- ‘Sydenham Car Show’, with new gems to its collection of vintage and envy-inducing automobiles.
- The much-anticipated Sydenham Dog Show with a variety of classes to suit most canine competitors. Be sure to bring along your pampered pooches to compete for the coveted titles of ‘Best Fancy Dress’ and ‘Sydenham Supreme’. Dog Show classes commence from 1pm – registration starts at 12.30pm.
The roads will be lined with stalls selling quality gifts and goodies from local producers, plus there’ll be the ever-popular Bottle Tombola, Coconut Shy, Plate Smash, Plant Sale, Bric-A-Brac, Jewelry and Vintage Clothing and Fortune Teller.
As ever, the event will be rounded off by the hotly contested Tug-Of-War competition with men’s and women’s teams from The Crown pub and The Inn at Emmington battling it out for the historic trophy at 3.30pm. The raffle will also be drawn, with a first prize of £100 for the winning ticket and the chance to win a dinner for two at either of the village’s excellent pubs.
Whilst the road through the village will be closed for the day, extensive free parking is available on the edge of the village, which can be accessed from the B4445 (coming from Chinnor, turn left at The Inn at Emmington). Disabled parking will be available.
As a community event, the success of the day relies so much on the enthusiasm of visitors from the neighbouring town and villages…so bring the family and help make Sydenham Fayre a highlight in the village’s calendar…we’re looking forward to welcoming everyone along for a fabulous day!
For more information, please visit the website www.sydenham-fayre.com