With the hope of summer on the way and those warm, light evenings, BBQ’s and parties, I wanted to share my tips for ‘not falling off the wagon’ as it were…
1. Really think about what it’s worth to you. Be selective as the snacks go round. If you love something-enjoy every bite. But don’t mindlessly pick on foods that don’t rock your world. It’s about learning to walk past a bowl of snacks and think – no, not worth it!
2. Practice the 2 – glass rule – if you stick to 2 glasses of fizz, you’re not going to topple into the space where all bets are off. I’m not saying, never but try it and see how you feel. At least alternate each glass of alcohol with a glass of water. You will thank me in the morning.
3. Eat before you go out-it took me years to learn this but it turns out my mum was right. A little protein rich snack just before you set off, line’s the stomach, so alcohol won’t hit you hard and spike those blood sugar levels. Plus you’re less likely to overeat.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of home workouts- all you need is 10-20mins, check out YouTube to find a Full body home workout for you, or why not check out some workouts I have shared.
5. Up the amount you walk- every little helps! Increase your pace or add in some hills if you want to balance out the extra beverages.
6. Late nights and early mornings take their toll- pay special attention to your digital detox and bedtime routine on your nights in, and find pleasure in indulging in some pamper time. Don’t let tiredness creep in or your healthy habits will slip.
7. Drink plenty of water-staying hydrated, not only helps you recover more quickly but also give you more energy and flush out those toxins.
Remember, enjoy yourself, but think forward – how do you want to feel come the morning?