THAME THERAPY CLINIC ARE COLLECTING TOILETRIES, DRY FOODS, AND SMALL PRESENTS AND TREATS FOR PROJECT SHOEBOX
THIS CHARITY WILL DISTRIBUTE THESE TO WOMEN AND CHILDREN WHO ARE VICTIMS
OF DOMESTIC ABUSE.
PLEASE BRING YOUR CONTRIBUTION IN A SHOEBOX TO THE CLINIC BETWEEN
NOW AND 30 NOVEMBER AND WE WILL DELIVER IT.
Thame Therapy Clinic are collecting unused & unwanted toiletries, cosmetics, and dry goods to pack into gift boxes for women who will be spending Christmas in one of the refuges run by the Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Service (ODAS).
Donations of goods and completed boxes may be left at one of the collection points listed on our Facebook Page.
Don’t worry if you can’t fill a box, even a bottle of shampoo and packet of tea bags is a great help.
The kind of items we will be collecting are:
- Empty Shoeboxes – if you can cover the lid with some sparkly Christmas paper that is nice but don’t worry if you can’t. We won’t be wrapping the filled boxes as the refuges like to check the boxes themselves to make sure the contents are a good match for the person that needs them, so they actually prefer the boxes to be unsealed.
- Basic toiletries for women (and girls and boys as well) • Shower gel • Soap • Toothbrush • Toothpaste • Shampoo • Conditioner • Body Lotion • Deodorant • Hair brush/comb.
- Helpful, comforting things • Face wash/toner/moisturiser • Make up remover • Sanitary products • Cosmetics – face, nails, makeup, fake tan, hair dye • Cotton wool, flannel • Hair products: spray, mousse, hair bands or scrunchies.
- Just nice things to have • Scarves, bits of jewellery • Socks, tights, slippers or flipflops • Sweets • A Christmas card Teens: Girls and Boys Shower gel, deodorant, socks, hair gel, etc. Babies Having a baby is often a real trigger point for domestic abuse to get worse, so babies are often in need within refuges. Any of the following make great baby boxes: Baby shampoo Baby Lotion Baby Oil Nappy cream Cotton wool Wipes Nappy bags Clean, unused dummies Anything helpful for a new mum: nipple cream, knickers.
- It is all about the safety and comfort of the recipients. Things we won’t be collecting are any toiletries/cosmetic products that have any kind of labelling or branding that denotes sexual attraction. Some of the recipients may be survivors of sexual abuse and can be very sensitive towards any suggestion or connotation of sex. Simple medicines – paracetamol, aspirin, Calpol Anything sharp – mirrors, scissors, razors.
- Basic store cupboard staples (please check the shelf life) • Tea, coffee, sugar, UHT milk • Breakfast cereal (e.g. cornflakes, muesli, porridge oats) • Pasta, pasta sauce, tins of tomatoes, tins of vegetable • Rice • Dried beans, lentils, fruit • Basic biscuits / crispbreads • Tins of soup, stew, fish • Marmalade, jam, peanut butter, chocolate spread • Nice Christmas biscuits / treats, maybe a small pudding?
Any donations will be great fully received…