Hello you Flawsome lot, here’s my ‘jems’ of wisdom for this month to help keep you focused on your goals:
1. BE Positive: We all have moments of negativity especially when we don’t like what we see in the mirror, on the scales or even if we have just had a ‘bad’ meal or workout. Throughout the process, you need to learn to snap out of that negative mind set and focus on the positives. Being positive will not only make you feel better about yourself but will help you progress further.
2. BE Realistic: When setting your goals make sure they are realistic. Having goals that are unrealistic means you’re less likely to reach them which will leave you feeling de-motivated. For example; trying to get to a weight you were 20 years ago will most likely not happen now.
3. BE Ready: A lot of us think we are ready to start a nutrition or fitness plan when we are not. There is no point wanting to make a change if you make a half-hearted effort. You will need to accept that you must make some lifestyle changes in order to reach your goals.
5. BE Accountable: It’s very easy to pass blame or make excuses for why your healthy eating or exercise routine isn’t going to plan. But it is you that is in control of the decisions you make. PT’s, coaches, nutritionists can only help you so much, it is you who must take responsibility for the work you do and don’t put in.
6. BE Prepared: By failing to prepare, you’re preparing to fail! One of the only ways to keep on track is by making sure you are prepared. Set some time aside to meal prep for the week and plan your workouts. The results with speak for themselves.
Need some support? Come and see me at the Wellness Event at the Chinnor Village Centre, on Friday 29th March, 6:30pm – 9:30pm