I want to share one of my favourite healthy recipes with you all this month. These muffins are really easy to make, loaded with protein and make the perfect snack, and don’t be put off by the beans…
- 5 eggs
- 1 can of organic kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seed oil (I like to use Good Hemp)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 ½ scoop of protein powder (I like to use Good Hemp)
- 2 table spoon of cacao powder
- For toppings (optional, I like to use): cacao nibs, hemp hearts, desiccated coconut.
- Pre heat oven to 200C
- Chuck everything into blender, blend until smooth
- Pour batter (will be quite runny) into 12 cupcake cases
- Top with chosen topping
- Bake for 15- 20mins, until start to peel away from the cases
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from cases
I make these muffins most weeks, as part of my food prep, they are so tasty and keep really well. They can also be frozen, but ensure they are fully defrosted before eating. They can also enjoyed with a spoonful of Greek Yoghurt and some fruit. Or pop a strawberry inside before cooking.
This is one of my many recipes that contains Hemp, which I fully advocate. Hemp is an incredibly nutritious protein and fat source. It can be purchased in most supermarkets as well as in Health Food Shops.